No matter the consequence
The #1 Secret To Develop Courage
Courage occurs when you can stand for what you believe no matter the consequence. Courage intensifies when you have faith for what you believe which means you do not need evidence for things to happen with patience to endure.
When one possesses a strong faith (the kind that will not shake the foundation), the ability to have what you want becomes endless. No matter what or who tries to stop you, you become your own force to be reckoned. However, nothing will not stop you because your belief is just that strong because of the faith you hold dearly. Then, you can stand bold when adversity strike.
Importance Of Courage
Today, you need courage in everything you attempt or imagine, without it, it is certain you will face opposition. There are two types of courage:
- Physical Courage is bravery in the face of physical pain, hardship, death or threat of death
- Moral courage is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, discouragement, or personal loss.
To obtain this kind of courage, FAITH becomes #1 ingredient if you want the courage that will move mountains. Meanwhile, the source of your faith is vital.
What is your belief and values you set for yourself?
A belief is what you hold to be true, negative or positive. The values will come from your belief. If your life is not going the way you would like, change your belief and you will change your circumstance. Guess what, you will need faith to have the courage to change that belief, especially if the belief was there for a long time. Yes, it is difficult to change old habits. However, with practice, it can happen.
Possible things you will need courage to embrace:
- Conduct self in a specific way
- Break the chains of destructive patterns
- Stand for what believe in
- Take down giants in your life
- Using your voice
- Whatever battle you face
I am certain you will be able to add to this list and hope you can see the need for courage in your life. Think of your life, where do you need courage? What is it in your life that your afraid to attempt or try? Who has made you feel like you don’t matter? It is my hope you can see the need for courage backed by faith.
Benefits Of Courage
Direct Benefits (Spiritual Development)
- Facilitate spiritual/transformational development
- Develop mind” qualities such as creativity, intuition, and wisdom
- Develops “heart” qualities such as compassion, courage, peace and joy
- Develop “body” qualities such as will, resilience and presence
- Systematically activates higher levels of consciousness
- Increase presence and purifies awareness
- Develop a deeper understanding of Self and the true nature of reality
Indirect Benefits (Personal Development)
- Facilitate psychological healing and reintegration
- Calms the body and mind, and improves the clarity of thought
- Increase feelings of peace, happiness and contentment
- Reduces stress, anxiety, depression and anger
- Increases efficiency and productivity in our daily lives
- Subdues automatic ego reactions and conditioned behaviors
- Can reduce our biological age by 5 to 10 years (i.e health benefits)
If you have the courage to overcome all these and feel free to add to the list as well, how would your life improve? How would it make you feel about yourself? Who could beat you at your own game? The answer to that one is NO ONE!
Courage VS Confidence
Courage allows you to begin something, especially when it’s something you have not done before. It allows you to act despite your fears. Confidence is an outcome. It allows with practice to become better over time. However, you need both to become efficient. For example, Sue wants a new career. She will need courage because this is new, and it will impact her income. As she leans new skills for her new career, she becomes good with her performance. Over time, she becomes number one in her industry, and had has confidence in her ability. It took courage for her to make the change, and confidence to learn her craft.
Courage The Opposite Of Fear
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather requires fear. Fear will cause you to exercise courage, without fear there can be no courage. Therefore, fear call to action is courage. Courage call to action is taking the first step. Mark Twain said it best, “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.”
Chose Courage VS Reacting To Fear
When developing courage, look at what you must work with because courage is developed from within. Yes, faith is involved. What do you have to add to your person to develop the faith to encounter courage? Do you know what cause you to walk away and shut down? If so, this is what you fear, and the area where you need to become courageous. Let your emotions flow like water because water teaches acceptance. Follow a process that will work for you-only you can determine what’s best for you. Be careful not to go along with someone else process you know is not for you.
“The true meaning of courage is to be afraid, and then with your knees knocking and your heart racing, to step out anyway-even when that step makes sense to nobody but you. I know that’s not easy. But making a bold move is the only way to truly advance toward the grandest vision the universe has for you.”-Oprah
8 Ways To Show Courage In Everyday Life
- Get clear on what you really want
- Name your fears, acknowledge them, and change them
- Be honest about the cost of inaction
- Break big vision into small steps
- Create accountability
- Walk with giants
- Train your mind
- Leave your current company when you realize that your values are no longer aligned and there is no opportunity for advancement
The Real Issue
Despite the shame, there is a personal discomfort to achieve courage depending on your journey. The key is faith. This test of courage and faith will determine your rise above human fears. Determine what your made of and show others by using your voice. Your voice is a representation of who you are, so, use it well.
The key to great leadership is courage. The ability to lead those who follow you by setting the example. Having values that you live by everywhere you go and having the faith to sustain every need and want is accomplished. On the job, at home, in your community, you are the same person. It is exhausting being someone you’re not or someone who is constantly as odds with everybody. Have the courage to be that bold person because if you don’t fall for something you will fall for anything. Humanity needs guidance, but they need the right guidance from influencers who are compassionate and care for others, and not just their own. It does not matter what kind of leader you are or how many you lead, be an excellent leader because others are depending on you. Parents are leaders too: therefore, be courageous.
If you need support, we are willing and able to assist you to achieve courage in your life. When you find yourself giving in to everything and everybody except you, this is a sign it’s time to do something different. What do you have to lose? A life coach in your pocket can mean the difference between staying where you are and creating an extraordinary life-you choose. Simply go to www.coachingandlife.com and begin your extraordinary journey today.